Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Back to Project 1. Umm... Day 5?

Just a reminder of some of the "before" snaps:





Yesterday I spent another 3 hours and stuffed 2 wheelie bins full of ivy, sumac suckers, prunings from the holly, rose, buddleia and Brachyglottis Dunedin Group 'Sunshine' (which are now stumps) and bits of dead shrub that I found hiding in the wilderness.


The view from the side - the brachyglottis will sprout back and hopefully sprawl less. I might have killed off the buddleia but the base of the plant was in an unhealthy state so it might have been dying anyway. I pulled up and binned about 4 sumac suckers before checking their worth on ebay - I'll pot up any others I find and advertise them! The hebe got a trim.


Found this hiding under the brachyglottis and sumac suckers. I think it's euonymus.


The view from the bench.

So far: 14.5 hours, 6 wheelie bins and 2 "bonfire-in-a-bins"

No comments: