Friday, August 10, 2007

The Attack of the Two-Headed Vegetables!

I'll take a better pic when it's a bit bigger, but I'm getting two cabbages from one stem here!


Meanwhile, on the ex-pea bed

Looks a bit bare. I weeded and raked the lumps to the sides and sowed about 16 Florence Fennel seeds. Variety: zefa fino. You can just about see that the aubergine plants are exactly the same size as they were last time. Sacrificial companion plant nasturtium is doing well though, not a bug on it!

The mystery potato bed got similar treatment with 50 onion seeds for overwintering. Variety: senshyu.


The garlic has really sprung up since I planted it!

Told you I had a purple lobelia! I was trying to take a picture of an enormous bumble bee with an orange backside but it was faster than my camera.


Feline helper. Making sure the flowerbed is warm enough.



It had to happen, she was the first cat to climb the pergola but not the first to get back down unaided.

No comments: