Saturday, February 16, 2008

Recent activity

In the allotment:


Dug over half of the far plot and removed what remained of last year's leaf beet. There were still a lot of twisty white bindweed roots, but (I dearly hope) not as much as last time this was dug over and certainly not as much as when I first attempted to clear it.
Had a bonfire with the hedge trimmings and some woody stuff that would take too long to compost.


The view from the plot. Guess where the leaf beet went?


Ooooh freshly dug... Can I?

Manured. What's wrong with the litter tray, you little ***?


Hunt The Garden Cat.

In the garden:


This shrub was being crowded by a penisetum in front of it and a dahlia behind it so I dug out the broom (dead) that was here and put this (alive) in instead.


I've split some ornamental grasses, bought some herbs and potted up some bits'n'pieces.




The salad bar is at an increasingly jaunty angle. It needs moved somewhere sunnier and strengthened.

No comments: