Sunday, July 01, 2007

Mini veg & things flowering

All the recent rain has had a good effect on the allotment and garden. Things are growing - especially the weeds! We have cropped and eaten: more Arran Pilot earlies, some Anya (mmmm!) and the remaining garlic. Must plant more!


Squash plant no. 1. Planted in a space vacated by early spuds. Watered via an upturned squash (ha ha) bottle sunk into the soil.


Squash plant no. 2 planted at the end of a bean row. No idea what variety they are - good thing I like surprises.


Courgette. Only planted one this year. We had 4 last year and they were rather prolific. I don't like courgettes all that much!


My single, lonely broccoli plant is doing well so far...


...as are the snowball cauliflowers. Might crop a few as mini veg soon! They are about the size of a golf ball at the moment.

Now for the flowers:

The clematis over the back gate is doing well this year. I might plant a contrasting one and drape it in the other direction.


Dahlia. Bigger and better than last year but can't remember the variety. It's not Bishop of Llandaf, that's the next one along.


Another dahlia. Love these.


Red Bunny Tails.


Ok now what will I bung in this gap? I did have rhubarb here (Timperley Early and very nice it was too) but I gave in to the mr's requests for something more decorative. So the rhubarb has been moved.

No comments: