Tuesday, May 22, 2007

What a weekend!

Since the last post I have: seen two more properties, run two marathons, slept a lot!

"Property 2" - looked good on paper but the paddock was in a dreadful state and the kindest thing to do with one of the outbuildings involves an axe and the solid fuel stove.
"Property 3" was perfect!!! but judged to be too far from civilisation for the mr to be able to get into London when he has to. It's early days - but I'll regret it if nothing of this quality comes on the market again! I went round it thinking, "polytunnel over there with veg plot, chickens in the orchard, pigs or lambs there, and there's even space for a flower garden...." Time to get the house we're in tarted up for viewing, I think!

Meanwhile, I have done nothing new to the garden except make plans for lots of weeding over the next few days. I did get round to the allotment yesterday, just for long enough to pick a decent crop of broad beans for tonight's dinner.

No comments: