Saturday, June 02, 2007

Oh no...

A productive day yesterday with an important but annoying discovery.

Much of June's To-Do list is done! Planted the gladioli and some morning glory in the front garden, got to work on the side and back of the house... But I've got a half-formed plan for projects for "when I have the time" so I can easily extend the June list!


One of my little helpers. Keen to point out the location of shady spots for snoozing and areas of freshly dug soil for... well... hmmm.


Another of my little helpers. Likes to be helpful with string, netting, fleece and plants with trailing bits that move.


This is what passes for "lawn" in the back garden. The ground drains poorly but at least the plants that like this area stay green when all the grass goes brown in summer.


Hydrangea removed! I noticed whilst pulling out as much root as possible that the ground was very wet. Then someone drained the bath and the ground got VERY wet! Oh no... call an expert!


We have an expensive problem. As a one-bathroom household this also gives us a personal hygiene headache.

So I put the "side-of-the-house" project on hold and went back to the tree. Ripped out a bit more Ivy and planted some stuff.

Echinacea, lilies, with coleus and marigolds and night scented stock to fill some gaps.


And these are woolly aphids, identified by some fellow-gardeneers on the Grow Your Own forum. I removed as much as possible with a spray bottle containing soapy water then got the hose out to blast the rest off.


I think these are scorch marks on my tomato seedling leaves.

No comments: